Packages may travel thousands of miles through Spourgitis Trans global network to reach their destinations. Spourgitis Trans does everything to ensure that the packages are delivered on time and in perfect condition, every time.
Packaging made of the right material helps your shipments arrive safely.
What’s Best for Your Shipment?
Quality packaging is a key measure to prevent damage. Needs assessment is a crucial step to get the right packaging of the items you want to ship.
The key parameters can be:
Packaging Protects Your Shipment
Good quality packaging is vital to protect your shipment during shipping. Spourgitis Trans provides a range of proven packaging. However, if you prefer to use your own packaging materials, here are some general guidelines.
- Always use high quality wafer cardboard for packages. For fragile or heavy objects, double or triple expanding packs are recommended.
- Avoid reusing old boxes because they may have lost some of their rigidity.
- Check for a manufacturer seal that gives information on the type of construction and the strength of a box. Ask your supplier for more information.
- Read the specifications to select the appropriate packaging for the weight of your shipment.
- The half-filled boxes can be crumpled and the stuffed ones can be opened. To avoid this, select the right size for the type you want to transport.
Application of Packaging Techniques
Here are some basic principles when packing your shipments.
Do not leave empty space
- It is important to completely fill the empty spaces in a box to avoid the contents being displaced, which can damage the content as well as the box.
- Always place objects for transportation in the centre of the box at least 6cm from the outer edges or corners.
Wrap the Items Separately and Use Separators
- When transporting multiple items in one package, always wrap each item separately with wafer separators or other suitable materials.
Protection with good packaging
The grip tapes you choose and the way you seal your shipment can make a difference and protect the contents of your shipment from exposure or damage during shipping.
Use pressure- sensitive tape
- Polypropylene film (brown plastic film)
- Vinyl adhesive tape (insulating tape)
- Fiber-reinforced paper tape (adhesive tape)
- Thick paper tape
- Cellophane tape
Make sure all openings are glued to the “H-shape” method:
- Apply 1 piece of tape to the centre opening of the box
- Apply 2 pieces of tape to the side openings
Apply the shipping label to the top surface of the box. This will help to stay as upright as possible during transport!
- Ensure that the label appears wholly on one side and does not cover an opening
- Do not let other labels, tapes or cover documents cover the bill of lading
- We never recommend using old packaging, but if used make sure all old labels have been removed before use
- Placing a copy of the bill of lading in the parcel will help us identify your shipment if the original bill of lading is broken or damaged
- If you need to place other labels on your shipment, please avoid using the same surface as the bill of lading
- Use a transparent adhesive case to place any extra documents that need to be placed outside the box.